We're going on a road trip.
It's that simple. We'll be gone a month.
We're crossing the country—first, heading east through the North, then west through the South.
The crew is as follows:
Recent high school graduate and virgin road tripper.
Our goal is to make orientation week of college seem like a hollow whisper of freedom compared to his maiden voyage to some of America's most legendary mountains. Quentin likes to draw and wax poetic about the meaning of life and connectedness of all things. Keep an eye out for some of his doodles.
Fresh off a trip to Mexico and Columbia, Alex is back on the road for another adventure. As our resident mohawked film guru he'll be doing his best to talk his way onto the course at Maryhill and Giant's Head to drive behind anyone willing to skate with a station wagon breathing down their neck and the grim reaper sitting shotgun. Before we could leave San Francisco, Alex had to drive back to LA to find his passport. If you see him, pay respect to the hustle.
Jonah just graduated from college and has only a faint sense of what he's going to do with his life. He doesn't skate downhill, but he takes pretty good pictures. We figured the least we could do is bring him along and teach him how to Coleman slide. He's been stuntin' that all-black New York look for a minute now. If you have any wardrobe advice, send him a direct message @jone_bone.
Your humble, balding tour guide. My personal goals for this trip are as follows:
- Post weird and unflattering photos of my friends.
- Wake up early to put the finishing touches on Issue 02 before we arrive in New York to go to press.
- Photograph unknown riders around the country, killing it on their own mountains and keeping the dream alive.
- Skate as much as possible before going back to school in the fall, maybe spending some time in front of the camera.
- Last but not least: Relax. It's been a while since I've fallen asleep with the sun. It's good to be home.
Albums of The Day:
Good luck out there.
Please don't die.